It's officially fall and we certainly can feel it in the cooler temperatures here on the Crystal Coast. Although we may experience some warm days, the stiffing heat of the summer is over. We've got some tips to help you keep your lawn and landscaping look it's best this autumn season.
- Rake leaves regularly
- Clean up your summer garden, fallen crops and leaves from produce plants
- Add mulch to your beds
- Cut back any perennials to 6 inches above soil
- Plant spring-flowering bulbs
- Seed and fertilize dead or bare spots in your lawn
- Shut off automatic irrigation system before the temperature get to freezing
Cleaning up your lawn and landscaping in preparation for cooler weather is a great time to access your yard and start thinking about the spring. Soon, the temperatures will get cold and your grass will likely fade from green to brown. Then, we'll be looking forward to the spring months when everything turns to green and flowers start to bloom. These cooler months are a great time to plan for your spring and summer gardens, new landscaping designs or simply new plants and flowers.
To learn more about how we can help you keep your lawn and landscape looking great all year long, give us a call!